(1) Content Management: The software is a complete and easy to use Content Management System.
Texts, pictures and data files of any kind can be published and administered.
(2) Community Management: factline Community Server provides an infrastructure to build and
administer virtual communities. Various services allow users to get in touch and to exchange
opinions: "Users Online" (shows all users that are logged in), "ping" (allows logged in users to
directly contact each other), "factchat" (a three dimensional chatroom), "forum" (an open discussion forum),etc.
(3) Permissioning system: User privileges are determined by a
hierarchical permissioning system. Reading and writing permissions can
be assigned for each piece of information.
(4) Group functions: Permissions are usually assigned to groups. Within a platform, an unlimited number
of user groups can be defined and groups can consist of an unlimited number of registered users.
(5) Version control: Each piece of information is provided with
a unique identification number during the publishing and/or editing
process. Old versions of documents are put behind the most current
version. Each document can be linked, independent from its location, by
indicating its unique infoID.
(6) Cross-platform linking: All information within a platform can be linked. A specific
feature of the system is the ability to link information between different platforms by using the infoID.
(7) One-click-edit: Entitled users can switch from reading mode
to editing mode with one simple click. There is no need to install any
extra software. All the user needs is a standard webbrowser.
(8) Platform independent client: The platform can be accessed and managed from any workstation with access to the Internet and a standard webbrowser.
(9) Platformadministration: A special interface allows platform administrators to
design a specific layout for their platform, define and control permission settings,
retrieve statistical data on platform usage etc.
(10) Expansion: Every FCS platform can be equipped with additional services upon request.
(11) Replication: Once defined, a standard platform can be easily replicated. Specific areas can be adapted.