A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Tags are chosen informally and personally by the item's creator or by its viewer, depending on the system. (Wikipedia, 2008-08-07)
Working with Tags on the factline-platform:
If your system or platform administrator activated this , you have the possibility to create tags.
In fact tags they are organised like folders.
- To create a , start creating a normal folder.
- In the creation form, right below the textfield "short title", you have the possibility to choose between folder and tag > click "tag" and then when you are ready with the rest of the form, publish.
- Next to the title in the structure you will now see a new symbol displayed: .
- When you create new facts, you will see a search field "Tag(s)" at the beginning of the form. Choose here your desired facts and select one or more tags.
- After publishing the fact, you will see a list of the assigned tags in the meta info below the fact
1) It is possible to link your facts to as many tags you want.
2) Search for tags with "factlist & search". The content belonging to the linked tags will be shown.
3) Also search using more than one tag by separating them with a comma (,).